- All procedures require a government issued photo ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) This is a state requirement. No exceptions.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to schedule an appointment. This deposit goes toward the price of your tattoo. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you must notify Grinn & Barrett at least 24 hours before your appointment or you will lose your deposit. With proper notice we will be happy to transfer your deposit to your rescheduled appointment.
- Grinn & Barrett accepts cash, Visa and MasterCard for tattoos and piercing.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- It is best to eat something before your procedure.
- If you have children we ask that you leave them at home during your procedure.
- Grinn & Barrett WILL NOT tattoo anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I have to wait before going swimming?
You should not soak your tattoo (ie. swimming/soaking in bathtub) until it is completely healed. This generally takes two weeks.
- How long do I have to wait before exposing my tattoo to the sun/tanning?
You should keep your tattoo out of the sun until it is completely healed (generally two weeks). DO NOT apply sunscreen to an unhealed tattoo. After it is healed we strongly recommend you use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every time you expose it to the sun. This is especially true for color tattoos. Without sunscreen your color tattoo WILL FADE if repeatedly exposed to the sun or tanning bed. Using sunscreen with every exposure will help your tattoo look beautiful for many years to come.
- Can I be tattooed or pierced while I’m pregnant?
Grinn & Barrett does not tattoo or pierce women during pregnancy due to potential risks for mom and baby.
- Can I get tattooed/pierced if I am breastfeeding?
We do not recommend being tattooed if you are breastfeeding.
We are a responsible studio that cares about minors and respects the permanence of tattooing. Please review our minor’s policy before booking an appointment.
- Minors must be 16 with a Parent present during tattoo
- Parent and Minor must have state issued ID
- ID must have matching address and last name
- State issued birth certificate is required
- State ID’s can be obtained at the DMV even if minor is not a driver.